AAPT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Requirements for Application:
1. The student must be currently enrolled in an entry-level degree PT or PTA program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) or a program that has applied for candidacy for accreditation.
2. The student must show evidence of excellence in academic achievement.
3. The student must exhibit a true concern for the health care of minority individuals, either by performing or participating in research projects, community activities, or other related activities.
1. The student must submit a completed and typed application form which must be signed & dated. Applications must be received by 5:00 PM December 1st
2. The Scholarship Committee must receive a current official school transcript by the deadline.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation from any of the following: faculty, employer, civic or community leader. Recommendations must be on official letterhead and in a sealed envelope. The recommendations must support the applicant’s contribution to the minority affairs in the areas of program development, disease prevention, research, or promotion of minorities in the health field. All Transcripts and recommendation letters must be received by 5:00 PM December 1st
Other Pertinent Information:
1. Completed application, transcripts and recommendation letters must be received by the American Academy of Physical Therapy no later than the above deadline.
2. The scholarship committee will recommend the award recipients to the Executive Committee by late February. The Executive Committee will approve the award recipient(s).
3. The recipient(s) will be notified by January 31
4. The scholarship committee requests that the recipients attend the AAPT Student Conference for recognition (Conference details forthcoming).
5. The AAPT recommends that applicants participate and maintain membership in the Academy.
6. Criteria will be weighed as follows:
- Contribution to Minority Affairs: 35%
- Financial Need: 25%
- PT/PTA GPA 25%
- American Academy of Physical Therapy Membership: 15%
Please Mail Applications and Supporting Documents To:
Loretta West, P.T.
Ortho Rehab & Specialty Center
13100 Chenal Parkway
Little Rock, AR 72211